My Apple Aluminium is not working with the new DELL Studio XPS I just bought.
Intel® CoreTM i7, 8GB Memory, 1.2TB Hard drive, 24" Monitor and... Vista 64...
I'm not very happy with it. It's a bit noisy: the fan gets real frenzy as soon as you do anything else than just staring at the screen.
But it's fast. I guess you can't have everything.
Now, the main issue I have is that I can't use my Apple Aluminum keyboard with it anymore, for the moment only hopefully.
I had to go back to the default included Cordless Desktop® MX™ 3200 Laser. What a pain. I miss my Apple keyboard so much.
I just plugged it in. It was recognized successfully but then it was pretty useless. Often while pressing a key you had to wait a second for the key being actually taken into account. The refresh rate was so slow. Often you have to type a key more than once to be recognized. Sometimes, you get your key stuck and it tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... sorry, and it typed many keys instead of just one.
That was all without the drivers. I was in a hurry and had no time to try to figure out what was wrong with the keyboard, if it was a problem with Vista 64 or with the keyboard. I'll find some time soon to try to install the Vista 64 drivers. I'll let you know what it gives.
Now, would you be kind enough and share your experience with me?Of course I'm only interested if you are using the keyboard on non Apple hardware.
- What keyboard do you have: Wired, Wireless?
- What bios version does your keyboard have: I got 1.0, was someone able to flash it to 1.1 on Windows?
- What OS are you using: Windows XP(32/64) Windows Vista (32/64)?
- What OS culture? What keyboard culture?
- What have you installed: the Apple drivers, Apple control panel, Windows default HID drivers, My toggle Fn tool? Anything else?
- Was someone able to develop a custom tool to make easier use of the keyboard?
Any interesting resource to share?Drop me a comment please... Thanks.
PS: Sorry for the down time over the last few days. My host, Webhost4life had some trouble getting my site back.